At CarriersEdge, we're focused on producing great quality products, and satisfied customers. We don't care about being the coolest company in town, having the most amazing perks, or the hippest staff. If you're interested in those things, you'll hate us.
On the other hand, if you're not looking for a social group and just want to do great work in peace, then you may be exactly what we're looking for. We don't care where you work, we have flexible hours, and we won't be looking over your shoulder micromanaging you. You'll have minimal meetings disrupting your week, and plenty of time to focus on doing the best job possible. We're growing quickly, but not so quickly that things are chaotic.
On top of that, we offer competitive salary, solid benefits, generous vacation, and a great opportunity to be part of something that actually saves lives.
See what our employees say about us
- You are self-motivated and work well in a remote environment, but are also comfortable communicating and working with others to achieve shared targets.
- You recognize the importance of process, and you are meticulous in the organization of your work.
- You have problem-solving skills and enjoy helping people.
- You have a broad range of experiences and aren't afraid to get out of your comfort zone periodically.
- You're comfortable using online tools.
- Create and record all customer sales invoices, and enter payments received through credit card, cheque, and direct deposit in company tracking systems.
- Create consolidated invoices and monthly statements for resellers and apply for payments.
- Record supplier expenses and reseller commissions, and send EFT notifications.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly bank account, credit card, and GL reconciliation.
- Perform reconciliation payments between clients' accounts and bank accounts and correct any discrepancies.
- Work closely with Customer Support to perform day-to-day transactions on clients' accounts.
- Pick up cheques from PO box and deposit, through cheque scanner or bank as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (preferred).
- Minimum 2+ years of accounting experience.
- 2 years of practical experience working in QuickBooks Online (preferred) or equivalent accounting programs.
- Access to transportation and ability regularly visit PO box and bank in Newmarket, ON.
- Proven ability to work effectively and productively with minimal supervision, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with MS Office and communication programs (e.g. Slack, Teams).
- This is a remote position suitable for individuals with disabilities
- Principals only, no recruiters please