Our current policies are outlined below. We change these policies from time to time, so please check back periodically.
For anyone using a free 30-day demo account
- We do not collect personal information beyond what is required to create a trial account and manage that process.
- We require your name, email address, and basic company information to create a trial account that fits your business focus, and minimize account duplication in the trial system.
- We will send you periodic emails throughout the trial process to ensure it is progressing to your satisfaction and draw your attention to related information and upcoming events.
- You can view and change this information directly through your profile within the system.
- Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
For direct customers and company account managers
- We do not collect personal information beyond what is required for the purposes of our business relationship.
- We require your name, email address, and basic company information when you sign up for our service so we can create a company-specific training environment for you in our system. We may also require credit card information for billing and payment purposes.
- We will send you a variety of automated emails to inform you of various activities in your environment, and changes to system functionality that affect you.
- We will periodically communicate with you via phone and email to confirm the service is working to your satisfaction, and notify you of upcoming events related to your business and/or system usage.
- We will analyze your usage patterns in the system, and those of the users you create in your environment, for quality assurance and product improvement purposes.
- While you are a customer, you can view and change your personal information, as well as customizing or disabling notifications, directly through your profile.
- We do not share your information with third parties, with the exception of these specific cases:
- If the third party is paying for the service on your behalf, they will have access to the information we collect
- If you use our service through a reseller-branded portal, the reseller administering that portal will have access to the information we collect
- If your use of our service is facilitated by, or at the behest of, a reseller, that reseller may have access to aggregated, anonymized information about your usage. For instance, if your insurer requires you to use our service, they will be provided with summary information to confirm that usage
For everyone else
- We do not collect any personal information directly from you.
- The administrator of your environment (i.e. your employer or the organization that contracted with us to provide the branded service you're connecting through), will create an account for you. They may choose to use your name, email address, or other unique identifier (e.g. employee number) as part of the account username.
- Your administrator may also store personal information that they have previously collected from you in our system.
- We may send you periodic automated emails to inform you of course assignments and upcoming deadlines, if you or your administrator have provided an email address and enabled this functionality.
- Depending on the settings chosen by your administrator, you may be able to turn off these notifications.
- We will not otherwise use any of your personal information stored in our system. It will not be shared with any third parties.
- The administrator of your environment may have their own policies regarding usage of your information, so we recommend reviewing those as well.
These policies were last updated August 17, 2017.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 905-530-2430 or through email@example.com